TNPDS Ration Card Update
- By rationcard
- On 18/11/2017
The Tamil Nadu State Government has introduced an online application system. This application system is meant for the Smart Ration Cards. The smart cards are the revised version of the Ration Cards that was used earlier. We can apply for the Smart Ration Card from the official website Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. The official link for this website is- www.tnpds.gov.in
The Smart cards are designed to help and make it easier to get the card information under control. These Smart Cards are designed based on the Aadhaar information. The Government is responsible for covering all the costs associated with getting the entire program organized. These Smart Cards are developed by the State Government. The existing Ration Card Holders will receive a PIN on their registered mobile number and they can collect their Smart Ration Cards from the nearest PDS Centers just by showing the SMS.
You can do the following activities on TNPDS Website:
- Change of Address
- Deletion of Name
- Inclusion of Name
- Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System- www.tnpds.gov.in
- Now click on the “Beneficiary Login” which is located on the top right side of the website.
- After clicking on this link, you will be redirected to the login page. After you are redirected to the login page you are required to enter the necessary details like registered mobile number and an OTP that is sent to your registered number.
- Provide the OTP and click to Login
- Click on the “Smart Card Details Edit” on the left-hand side. Check whether all the details are correct if any of the details are wrong then you can click on the edit option and change the details.
- If any documents are required to update, then upload the mentioned documents.
- After doing all the corrections and updates submit the form.
- An acknowledgement number will appear, Click on the acknowledgement number and accept the corrections and click on the “Submit for approval”.
- After the complete submission of the form, a reference number is provided that will come into future use. This will help you to track down the application status.
Thus, these are the steps to update the Ration card Correction.